David Tepper, the founder of Appaloosa Management, was on CNBC discussing his macro outlook this morning. It’s a good interview and I would recommend taking the time to digest his comments since he’s one of the few hedge fund guys I think we can take very seriously. I have to admit though, I am practically stunned by how unabashedly bullish he is….
Here’s a brief round-up of Tepper’s views:
- On the economy – the economy is not bad right now.
- The unemployment rate won’t decline to 6.5% until 2015.
- There is a global central bank “put” in place.
- The ECB can lower interest rates in Europe whenever they want.
- Credit markets aren’t in bubble territories, but they’re “rich”.
- You can’t short bad credit with the Fed implementing such massive stimulus.
- The stock market is cheap.
- There is very little downside to the equity market.
- There is significant upside to the equity market.
Read Some Related Articles on Pragmatic Capitalism -
Is the Global Financial Asset Portfolio the Perfect Indexing Strategy?
If there was such a thing as an indexing purist that person would simply buy all of the outstanding available financial assets in the world and call it quits. In ...read more
All-Time Highs in the Stock Market are Perfectly Normal
“If you think the market’s “too high” wait ’til you see it 20 years from now.” – Nick Murray ...read more
Is a Big Equity Correction Imminent? Not Yet
Many investors think US stocks are due for a correction: They feel that the market has run too far, that the Fed has been slow to act, that complacency has ...read more
Further Signs of China's Slowing Property Markets
China's official housing index now shows home price appreciation slowing faster than some had anticipated. ...read more