CNBC’s Andrew Ross Sorkin sat down with Ray Dalio, founder of the world’s largest hedge fund, to discuss some of his market insights and processes. Among the highlights:
- His biggest worry – social disruption due to mismanagement of the de-leveraging by governments.
- There’s significant risk that the US economy hits an “air pocket” that results in economic disruption. Policy makers are a big risk here.
- China remains a big risk to the global economy.
- QE3 was a “good plan”.
- We will have a full blown depression in southern Europe in the coming years.
- Gold is “the new cash”. He says all investors should own some gold.
Video segment 1:
Video segment 2: