Faber is another one of those excellent macro thinkers who is not totally in paradigm with MR, but has a very good feel for the markets in general. He’s bearish on stocks in general, but says if you want to own stocks you need to be bullish on the names that have been beat down the most.
- He’s bullish on: Vietnamese, Japanese & Chinese equities.
- At this moment, he’s not particularly bullish about anything.
- He says he’s “deeply uncomfortable” about the current market environment and is concerned that the economic environment is extremely unstable throughout the globe.
- He says the US Dollar could rally here. He’s also bullish on gold (as expected).
- He views gold as an insurance policy.
- The Euro is not a desirable currency to own.
- The currency race to the bottom will continue.