I joined the guys on CNN radio again this week to discuss a wide range of topics. Some of the things we touched on:
- Why there is no quick fix for the economy. The only REAL fix is TIME.
- Why there’s a case for more stimulus.
- Why the Fed’s policies are not the optimal fix.
- Why the one channel through which monetary policy is most effective could actually makes things worse.
- Why this was never a banking crisis.
- Why housing doesn’t have much downside, but is unlikely to enter a v-shaped recovery.
- Don’t run out and buy a home just because interest rates are low.
- Why rates are unlikely to rise any time soon.
- Why gold is still in a bull market.
You can hear the full segment here.
Read Some Related Articles on Pragmatic Capitalism -
Lessons From the Newest Electronic Money - Bitcoin
One of the more interesting developments of the electronic age of money has been the rise of Bitcoin, a decentralized digital currency. If you're not familiar with it or ...read more
Some Thoughts on the Future of Home Prices
I was reading this report from Zillow on the future of home prices and it got me thinking about some of the macro trends in real estate. I've turned much ...read more
QE & Stock Prices - A Review of Recent Data
One of the primary goals of Quantitative Easing is the portfolio rebalancing effect and subsequent wealth effect that supposedly occurs as the Fed reduces outstanding private sector bond holdings and ...read more
Robert Shiller: Don't Invest in Housing
Robert Shiller of Yale was on Bloomberg yesterday discussing housing and his general outlook. But the most interesting comments were with regards to his general view of housing as it ...read more